The fan that pushes the heated or cooled air through the ductwork went out. Since there was no cool air moving, the thermostat rose which told the air conditioner to work more and more and then it blew up. So, we are getting a new fan and air conditioner and also a new furnace so that the whole system will be under a ten year warranty. The cost is approximately one European vacation.

I am sick of being hot. It got up to 97 yesterday. Fans help, but they don’t really cool enough. I have no idea how colonial women lived here in their long dresses with layers of cloth without all the cooling options we have today. I’m glad I didn’t have to do that.

Monday, on the way to the box, there was a mother deer and her fawn having breakfast along the side of the road by the golf course. Today, there were three adults gathered there. What a great way to start the day.

I got to the box and Jason was coaching today. Our warm-up was varied and ended with three rounds of Cindy: 5 pull-ups; 10 push-ups; 15 squats. I was already warm when I got there and by the end of this, I was dripping and would have been beeping if I had the sound turned on for my heart rate monitor.

Today’s WOD as written:
Back Squat
5 @ 60%
5 @ 65%
5 @ 70%
add 5 lbs to max and recalculate
cash in 25 double unders
50 burpee pull ups
cash out 25 double unders

The WOD wasn’t posted on time last night and I guess they were embarrassed at the whole thing or were unsure if there would be pelting with rotten tomatoes or something. There had to be a reason.

But it was up before I went to bed so I had the interwebs do my calculations and knew I should do 65, 70, and 76 pounds for this. Using a 45 pound bar, I could easily get the first two weights on the bar. I could even do the squats with relative ease. The last thing was going to be difficult so I used Joey’s 1.1 pound plates and went a little bitty bit heavier with 77 pounds.

The hardest part of this was finding a place to work. I set the pins where I needed them and got my water and Todd had taken over my spot. So I set my water and card with the weights down at a place and got a bar only to find Leslie setting up there. So I had to change the pins on the only remaining station to have my bar at the right height. Again. I remembered my plate under my heel and managed to get through the back squats.

I asked Jason what he had on offer for old farts and he said he had a plan. We discussed it. I would do 25 jumping jacks as a buy in and cash out. I would do 25 burpees and 25 angled bar pull-ups. I made a face. He asked what was wrong. I asked if I could split them up and do five sets of five rather than all burpees and then all pull-ups. He said yes. I was happy and he was okay with it.

Then he was subbing stuff for others. They could do jumping pull-ups if they didn’t have a pull-up without a band and if they didn’t have double unders they could do 50 single unders. I can do 50 single unders and offered that but he said to keep the jumping jacks.

I managed five and five sets but had to rest in between each move with a heart rate in the high 160s after the burpees. I may have gotten under 160 once or twice while in the resting phase, at least I tried to on the last round of pull-ups so that I could go directly into the jumping jacks and get it over with. I finished in 8.23 and with a heart rate of 171.

I got in the car and turned the air on to “arctic” and rather than go through two yellow lights, I stopped and spent more time in the cool car on the way home. I was almost cooled off as I walked into the hot house. They should be here soon and the air should be restored by mid-afternoon. I sure hope so. It is really wearing to be this overheated all day.