The weekend was a whirlwind of activity and hot, to boot. I was so tired last night that I was in bed before 9.30 and fell asleep like a rock – right up until 3.02 when I was awake. I tried valiantly to go back to sleep, but that never works. So I tossed and turned until the alarm went off, and then I headed for the box.

They were busy over the weekend, too. The new bathrooms are ready although the showers aren’t in yet. But we have a nice, clean, spacious place with really nice sinks. Apparently the most expensive thing in there was the fixtures for the sinks due to the great finds on Craigslist and construction help. It looks wonderful.

We warmed up with a short run and then lots of shoulder heat up stuff. I was warm and happy and Cindy kept saying she was not warm at all, so we got to warm up some more. Thanks, Cindy.

I spent the weekend watching spectacular athletes do fantastic things. They were awe-inspiring. I was talking with a couple of the guys and their wives couldn’t come become each was just weeks away from meeting their first child in person. My first child was running the event.

Then it was back to today and there I was, same old person who is not quite up to spectacular although I do believe it is quite amazing that I actually am a CrossFitter.

Today’s WOD as written:
Strict Press 3 @ 80% – 3 @ 85% – 3 @ 90
(add 5 lbs to max and recalculate %)
8 minute AMRAP
5 power cleans
parking lot sprint

My strict press weight is so low and I’m so not good at this so I kept my weights the same because – math. But I did two sets of ten reps with just the 22# bar before I did the three reps each at 32, 37, and 42. I got them all but that last set was really difficult.

It has been so long since I’ve done power cleans that I don’t really know what my one rep max is. This was supposed to be about 80% of whatever that would be, so rather heavy. But they were also to be done unbroken. So, whatever weight that would be would be a total crap shoot for me.

I discussed this with Coach Ryan and said I would like to try a heavier weight but I might have to strip some from the bar. I know Craig hates that. Pick a weight and work with it. But if I knew I had to do that, I would be a weenie and pick a lighter weight. Instead, I went with 57# and hoped for the best.

Ryan also cut my reps to 3 and I ran a shorter distance. But the deal was, I had to run it. Since it was shorter, I could rest before the next set of cleans and get my heart rate down.

I got the first round done and my heart rate was only 148 so I started the next and once I started, I had to finish. By then I was at 168 and so I rested. That seemed to work. By the end of the sixth round, I was feeling like I could puke and my heart rate was staying high so I sat on the ground. That gets my heart rate down quicker which usually makes me feel less pukey. It worked.

I sat for about 7 – 10 seconds between rounds and then started again. Time was running out. I wanted to get a whole round in so I started and got back with ten seconds left and a heart rate too high. I took two deep breaths and got two more cleans before time was called. My heart rate was 174.

Ryan and I want to start a company making t-shirts for old farts. Could be call Coot Clothes or something. They could have things printed on them like “This could be my last rep” or maybe “I’ve fallen and got back up” or anything like that. We might just as well have fun with my age since I don’t appear to be getting any younger.

All in all, I’m not ready for the garage games yet. But I’m an awesome old lady who keeps going back and I’m moving more weight and doing more things than most old ladies and decidedly more than when I started, so I need to be happy with that.