I stopped on the way into work today and finally found the cocoa mint tea we all liked. Only the Publix on Trolley Rd has it. I bought three boxes.

I got to work and there was a message that I hadn’t sent in some paperwork and it took me a while to find it. I was sorta panicky while looking but … there it was in the first place I looked for it, but had missed it. So, all was well.

Then I printed out all the things we need for the quarterly taxes and set them in front of the boss who groaned and then got out his checkbook and off we went. It took quite a while to do it all, but not nearly as long as it used to take when I had to figure it all out myself. I love Intuit.

Then the stamp machine still had that a letter was only 46 cents and so I had to update that before we could send any of the checks into the US Treasury and the State of South Carolina.

Next, I decided I had to work on the expenses for the month and that meant building a new spreadsheet which was really just copying 2013 and getting rid of all the old data. But as I was doing that, I noticed that I forgot to put a couple expenses on the December sheet so they went on this months and too bad about the whole year thing.

Our group meeting didn’t take very long and I was free to get back to my desk and work on more crap. I got the invitation for our year’s events done and then everyone will be a critic and want to change this or that and yet, no one had time for any input while I was creating the first mockup.

All in all, I worked all day at work which does make the time fly. We are supposed to get snow, sleet, and ice here in the next couple days. People here do not know how to drive in that crap and there are no salt trucks or plows to get rid of any snow. They don’t realize bridges freeze first and they like to spin out and clump along the sides and generally make a mess.

I do not want to be on the road with any of these people. I’m planning my work week accordingly.

I got home and knew that I had to do something sorta kinda like a WOD. I got changed into something looking like workout clothes and tried a few things. I tried some squats. They weren’t horrible, but they weren’t nice to my knee. I’m supposed to be letting my knee heal. It won’t do that if I aggravate it. This was slightly aggravating. So those were out.

I tried some single unders. I could do them, but they jarred my leg and so I again thought better of it.

I didn’t want to do too many sit-ups because I have an aversion to road rash on my ass. I don’t have either a bar or a band here at the house to do anything like a pull-up. I have no free weights. I’m pretty pitiful here at home.

What I did do was 20 pushups, walk at a brisk pace around the block (I didn’t time it, but I think my usual pace is 10 minutes), 40 sit-ups, walk to the corner and back (I did time this one because I never have before and it was 13 minutes), and then another 20 pushups.

I am somewhat hesitant to say this, but there were so many times on both of my walks when I just wanted to start running. Can you imagine? Me? Wanting to run? I think CrossFit broke me. I hope they are happy with this turn of event. I have never wanted to run before in my life! And now, this! I had to keep telling myself that I was protecting my knee and if jumping a rope hurt, running would, too.

While I was walking, I would occasionally be reminded I have a right knee. It wasn’t painful, per se, but I was noticing my knee. I never noticed my left knee but I’m pretty sure I had one the entire time I was walking. I almost always keep them together as a pair.

I don’t really know how long I worked at things not hurting my knee, but I did use up some energy and the last few pushups were getting on the wormy side. I’m sitting here with ice on my knee more as a precaution than anything else. And I am fairly proud of myself for not sitting down directly after work with a cup of coffee and Facebook. That’s truly amazing.