After the box on Friday, I got showered, packed, and we went to Hilton Head to help our son and his family pack up the house. Much had been done, but there was still much to do. Then we spent the night at the other son’s house (since he still had beds and stuff) and went back on Saturday to load all the crap into a moving van.

I haven’t eaten so much non-compliant non-Paleo food in a long time. I was sure I was going to see a huge increase on the scale but amazingly, all that packing and toting and running up and down stairs actually burned up more calories than I consumed. Even though I had 2.5 cans of Coke in there – first sodas I have had in probably six months. While it burned up the calories, it didn’t do anything for the whole making me feel sick from eating too much crap part of the deal.

Yesterday was beautiful here after the monsoons passed through in the morning. It was in the mid-70s and sunny by afternoon. We took a nice leisurely walk around the big block – about 4 miles. It was gorgeous. Then for dinner we had turkey pot pies and I’m pleased to announce that almost all the turkey is gone. There is enough for a sandwich or two and that’s it! There is a bit more ham left.

Joe and Sarah stopped for the night in West Virginia and will finish their trip today. So far they are safe and sound. I will be happier when they are completely settled.

Up in the middle of the night to hit the box. There were a couple people visiting from Florida and a total of nine people there this morning. Todd was there without Cindy again. We really need to do something about that.

Warm-up was a run and then a bunch of other stuff, some of it more odious than other portions. I hate plank clocks. Really. I can do them without falling apart now, but I still don’t like them. At all.

Today’s WOD as written:
3×5 back squats
Complete 25 burpees
5 rounds
12 T2B
6 power clean to push press(155/100)RX+, (115/75)rx
25 burpees

We had to double up on the bars because there were so many of us. At 6 AM. During the holidays. Wow.

I did my back squats with 73# and managed to knock them out okay.

Looking at the WOD last night made me just sigh. I’m still not moving all that great from the 12 damn days of Christmas. My butt is sore. My knees are sore. I can’t easily get out of a chair because everything hurts. 50 burpees was just too much.

Instead, I did a 10 slam balls for my buy in and cash out. Then I did knees to nearly elbows, hand stand pushups were done from a 20″ box and were pitiful. I used a 42# bar for the cleans and presses. My time was 17.38.

I managed the first 10 slam balls without stopping. I could knock out the T2B and HSPU okay but the cleans were a problem. I broke the cleans/presses into 2-2-2, 4-2, 3-3, 3-3, 4-2 schemes. I just did as much of those as I could at a time. My highest heart rate today was only 165 because I kept pausing between moves and that 165 was on the last ten slam balls after 6 – then I got back down to sustainable for life and finished them off.

I had many options for what to do to get rid of the badness from this WOD. I could cut back the burpees, but between burpees and box jumps last week, my glutes were fried and I was just done with that. I realized how horrific burpees really are when I jumped at a chance to do slam balls instead of them. Lord have mercy. There are just so many nasty things available for torture at the box.

I don’t know if it is stress, bad eating, not sleeping right, or a combination of all it, but I was so sickish for most of this workout. I didn’t really feel like I might puke, but I was felt slightly nauseous for most of it. The push press was heavy for me and I dropped the bar really sloppy, not a controlled put it down kind of move, and Ryan thought I hurt myself. I don’t think I did, I just ran out of steam.

Oh, the perils of being the oldest person there. But, I’m there and that’s what counts.