Yesterday was such a bad day worrying about the box that I figured it had to get better. I looked at the WOD last night, broke into uproariously laughter and immediately scaled it in my head. At least it was stuff I could do at a modified level.

The most difficult part was talking myself into the 6 AM class. If I don’t go first thing in the morning, I can pretty much guarantee that I’m not getting to the box. There is no 8 AM class anymore so I would have to go at noon and no matter how tired I am, I can’t sleep that late. So I would have plenty of time to talk myself out of going. So I went to the 6 AM class.

Today, there was a 5 AM class and Caren was coach. We were there as they were finishing up and Christine sent Caren a text. There was a train partially stopped across the road and the traffic was inching itself around it to move forward. She would be late. But she really wasn’t that late. We were still at the rowing machines when she got there.

The warm-up was a 500 meter row, broad jump down the mat, ten squats, ten good mornings, and then one minute max effort of pushups. I did 20 big boy hand release pushups in one minute which breaks my record for girl pushups last fall. I only did 18 then and they were girl ones. Go me.

The WOD as written:
Back Squat
12 sets of 2 reps at 80% of your 1 rep max back squat
-rest 1 minute between sets
Deadlift 315/205#
Box Jump 30″/24″
Extra Credit:
50 Floor Wipers 135/95

During the good mornings we were talking about the WOD and I mentioned that I had immediately opted to not go to the women’s weight of 205#. Ricky said for me it was two or five. I thought it was pretty funny. He also mentioned he was going to be a girl today. Then we got to talking about his lippy-ness and he mentioned he hadn’t gotten enough sleep and I offered to hit him upside the head with a bar so he could nap. He reminded me that he is a runner and could out distance me. I reminded him that the door was closed and he said he could just run around the box until my heart monitor went off. I enjoined the help of the rest of the crew to catch him. We were all laughing. I like this stuff.

Next we went to the back squats. I was doing the 42# weight and thought I was okay. I don’t feel myself falling forward, but Christine kept saying “chest up” and I would concentrate on it and she said it was better. But then I would fall forward. Apparently I made up a new move, the back squat good morning. With just the bar, I could do them right and I need to practice on my squats, which is the one move that makes me sick with the whole up and down thing. I don’t really feel that steady although I know I’m better than when I started. I guess I just keep working at it and eventually, I will get there. Wherever there is.

I did 62# deadlifts and my form was good with that. I jumped on to a 14″ box. I lowered the reps to 18-12-6 and I finished in 9.20.

We had all the equipment put away when Christine asked if anyone wanted to do the extra credit. Ricky, Ken, and Candace tried it with just the bar. I thought it looked like it would kill me and I was tired and not quite cranky and opted to be an achiever without going for overachiever. Now I’m home for a couple days and maybe I could work on that squat form.