Yesterday, I took a little nap in the car on the way home from Hilton Head and that was really nice at the time. However, it meant I just couldn’t fall asleep last night. When the alarm went off this morning, it was very difficult to listen and get out of bed and get dressed and eat something and drag my old, tired ass out the door and into the raining morning just to work out.

But that is what I did.

There was a 5 AM class today and they were just finishing up as we got there. As I mentioned up there, it was raining. It was 60 degrees out there so a run in the rain wouldn’t be horrible, but even though there are times when CrossFit seems over the top bizarre, running in the rain wasn’t on the agenda. We began our warm-up with a 500 meter row.

Next we did ten each of squats, burpees (WTF), pull-ups, pushups, sit-ups, and dislocates and passthroughs. I might have mentioned this before, but if I didn’t, burpees suck.

The WOD as written:
15 minutes to find a 2 rep max Front Squat
6 Rounds for Time:
20 Wall-balls 20/14
20 Walking Lunges
20 V-ups

We tried those freaky front squats last week, too. And my knee was still full of badness. I didn’t mention it up there, but I did do my little knee stretch thing before anything this morning. I’ve been very careful with my squats, trying to use the right muscle groups. My knee is not hurting.

I tried a few squats with just a PVC pipe. I then got the small bar. I did that. Christine helped me with my form and I could manage to keep my chest up and not fall forward. I added 2.5# to each side, upped it to 5# on each side, got the 7.5 pounds on each side and then the big people were hogging all the ten pound plates and I was tired and the time was running out so I just stopped there. 37 pounds which is much better than my PVC pipe from last week.

I asked about which would be better, cutting back on the reps or the rounds. At first I got an answer of rounds and then after thinking a bit, Christine said why not do the six rounds but with ten reps each. That was one of my options when I was thinking of this.

I used a ten pound wall ball and never really made it to the line and I did bent knee V-ups. I managed to do ten each for six rounds and finish, dripping and panting and with a heart rate a little on the high side in 18.17.

Candace, Ricky, and Ryan all finished before me with the reps as written although Ryan did bent knee V-ups, too. I knew that was too much for a Little Old Lady to reasonably do. I worked really hard and was dripping by the time I finished.

Once again, I looked at the WOD and figured it was impossible. Once again, when it was scaled, I could manage to do it. Once again, I’m pleased with my effort and happy I went to the box.