This is my day off so a day I could sleep until noon if I wanted. I was up at 5.15 to get to the box before I was awake enough to talk myself out of it. I had a massage yesterday and finally all the Rice Krispies were out of my knee and I could actually squat without pain. Which was really nice when I looked at today’s WOD.

Warm-up today was run the perimeter of the mat, 3 squats, 3 lunges, and 3 sit-ups. Do it all again. Then 3 100 meter sprints on the rowing machines with a 30 second rest in between. Then broad jump down the mat. Next was ten pushups and finish with dislocates and passthroughs.

The WOD as written:
Back Squat:
12 sets of 2 reps @ 70% of your 1 rep max
12 minute AMRAP:
10 Jumping Squats 45/33
10 Walking lunges with barbell 45/33
1 Parking Lot Sprint
Extra Credit:
30 Turkish Get-ups (15 left/15 right)
-pick a weight that is challenging.

I think my last back squat was with 42 pounds, but who knows for sure. I know it wasn’t a full squat because my knee was still too wonky. (That is a medical term, sorry.) So I tried just the small bar today and didn’t have trouble or pain with a full squat. I added ten more pounds and did the twelve sets of two with that weight. The biggest problem was keeping track of how many rounds I was on. Somewhere around round nine or ten, I was already getting dizzy and the real part of the WOD hadn’t even started.

I bemoaned the fact that I was already getting sickish and it was suggested that I just go slow and do the best I could. Yesterday, on all the burpees, I never took my eyes off the mat, which isn’t really where I’m supposed to be looking with a squat.

My choice of weight was a PVC pipe just so I would have the positioning correct. There was no way I was going to try to squat, jump, or lunge with any extra weight. Time started on the WOD and I tried just closing my eyes. Even with that, I could hear wind rushing, but just with my left ear. I figured I would do as much as I could and hope I managed another day of not puking.

I’m leaning forward on my squats and Christine had to keep telling me to keep my chest up. I tried to think of that instead of keeping my pre-workout almonds down. I beeped a lot today. My parking lot sprints were never more than walks and it would take almost to the end of the parking lot before I stopped beeping from the lunges.

I managed four rounds and ten squats and seven lunges. Time was up and I was spent. The extra credit move was demonstrated. The three men were going to attempt it; Sabre and I both thought we would just pass. Ricky caught up with me at a stop light, so he must have rethought the entire experience as well. I don’t know if Erik and Ken actually did them, but more power to them if they did.

My legs are still attached to my body and will probably complain about that for the rest of the day and tomorrow and then, if I’m lucky, will let me live out the rest of my life in ease and comfort. I can’t believe I can do this stuff at all. Go me.