For two nights in a row I’ve been awake from 2 am to 4+ am and it was quite difficult to wake up at the crack of middle of the night, but I did it. I was very tired, but I ate my banana and managed to get dressed with my shoes on the right feet and out the door in time.

Today’s warm-up began with a run, so I rowed. As I went to put the rower down and start my heart monitor, I noticed I did not have the watch part on. So, the part that picks up my heart beat was in place, but there was nothing to receive the signal. I was just going to have to be careful. I think that may be an oxymoron – considering where I was at the time.

I did a 400 meter row, Ryan complex down the mat, 10 cherry pickers, grapevine up and down the mat, 10 pushups, 10 pull-ups, 10 sit-ups.

Skill / Strength
Bear Complex  1 – 1 – 1
Warm-up thoroughly with lighter weights.
Make three max load attempts.

I practiced this with a PVC pipe and it was way too many moves for a Little Old Lady to remember. But my other problem was that I have a max weight of just the bar and this is a touch and go between complex moves so I needed to build a platform. I stacked three 25# weights on each side. Then I used a 20″ box behind me ( mostly because the shorter box was in use by a person doing a fundamentals class). So I was ready to try. Power clean, squat, push press to back, squat, push press to front, touch and go. I looked last night this can be either a 5 or 7 rep system. They chose a seven; I did a five.

I did five all at once and was panting like a lizard on a hot rock. I rested and got my heart rate back down to not pounding out of my chest and started the second round. I managed most of three and the room was changing colors. I got the bar back to the front and on the weights and then I rested; I did the last two and really rested. I then managed to repeat that same thing for the third round.

I have always helped other people put away their equipment. I had 150# of weight and a box to put away and nobody helped me with that. I guess I learned something there today, too.

The rest of the WOD:

AMRAP in 15 minutes
15 Wall Balls (20/14)
1 Parking Lot Sprint (sign & back)
15 Parallette Push Ups
1 Parking Lot Sprint
15 AbMat Situps w/ medicine ball (20/14)
1 Parking Lot Sprint

I did 2/3 of everything. I did ten reps of the moves and didn’t go all the way to the sign. I used a 4# ball, did girl pushups, and really just walked in the parking lot but it was my time to get my heart rate back down and clear my dizzy head from the up and down stuff.

I managed three complete rounds and finished the wall balls. I went for my last walk in the parking lot and Christine was counting down the time. When she got to just 15 seconds, I could see I wasn’t going to make it if I walked so I actually sprinted and hit the door on the zero seconds left. It took me a long time to catch my breath, but I got that last part in.

Some day I just may be an outlaw.