Up at the crack of middle-of-the-night and off to the box. I had looked at the WOD and knew I needed my jump rope, so I carefully packed that in my backpack/purse. I got to the box and noticed I had no water. I can’t do this without water, so I bought a bottle there.

The warm-up today was:
1000 meter row
Ryan complex
10 cherry pickers
10 squats
10 pull-ups (but I do ring rows and still can’t do 10 continuously)
10 sit-ups
10 good mornings
10 dislocates/pass throughs (shoulder mobility)

We then worked a bit on perfecting moves for the WOD. I’m not keeping the weigh close enough to my core and making more work for myself, so I practiced with that.

I put 5# on each end of the 22# bar and then noticed I didn’t have my bar far enough up off the ground. So I put a few 10# plates under each end so that the bar was about the right height from the floor for my cleans. I was really more worried about the touches between cleans than the cleans themselves.

Today’s WOD as written:
6 Minute AMRAP

1 Clean and Jerk (135/95)
25 Double Unders
2 Clean and Jerk
25 Double Unders
The clean and jerk went up one rep for each round.

My heart rate monitor went off repeatedly. I kept trying to get it back down and today wasn’t a good low heart rate day. I did the first round and managed to get the second in with only 75 seconds left on the clock. I got my heart rate back to just stop beeping and thought to myself that two rounds was just an abomination.

So, I began a third round. I was beeping on the third clean and jerk and yet I didn’t have enough time to worry about that. I just picked up my rope and started jumping. I had three seconds left when I finished my scaled (2/3) jumps. My heart rate was 184 and my hands were tingling. But, I didn’t die, the room wasn’t gray, and my heart rate came back down in just a few minutes. I did 3 rounds with 32# and 66 jumps each time.

I was quite pleased with myself. It is the first time I tried this move with weight on my weight. And even though my form needs more work, I managed to do it (better with repeated moves) and didn’t hurt myself.

When I began this a few months ago, I could have done this with a PVC pipe without much grace and would have had little hope of making 66 jumps straight without a miss or a pause for panting like a lizard on a hot rock.

Good performance with room for improvement