Woke up to no alarm clock this morning. That’s so much more fun than screeching in the middle of the night. But I woke up at 6:30 and had 1.5 hours to get to the box, which has some down sides. Like I had time to talk myself out of going.

First thing I do in the morning, when not going to the box, is make coffee. I made coffee. I was getting ready to pour myself a cup when I realized what I was doing. I already have a heart rate high enough for two to three people, I don’t need to add caffeine before a workout. Luckily I hadn’t poured it yet. So I made a protein shake instead.

I made it to the box on time even though there was excitement on the road. A police car with siren blaring and lights flashing was swerving around all of us stopped across three lanes at the red light and we managed to make a path for him to get through. I bet the kids on the bus in front of me had fun bumping along in the grass, but we all worked together and let the cop get to his emergency.

Warm-up today was 500 meter row, lunge down the mat, 30 seconds of looking like I was sitting up against the wall without any chair under my fat behind done four times (and boy does that work your thighs, if you don’t believe me just try it), and then ten pushups and ten sit-ups. I was warm by this time, that’s for sure.

Today’s WOD was in honor of a birthday boy. I thought all the CrossFit named WODs were girl names, so I didn’t really understand. But it was Chuck’s 39th birthday today, hence the numbers.


3 Rounds for time

9 Box Jumps 30/24
9 Deadlifts 275/185
9 Pushups
9 Wall Balls
9 Pullups
9 KBS 70/53
9 Passthroughs
9 HSPU (2 abmats)
9 Burpees
9 Tireflips

I jumped on two stacked 45# plates which is maybe six inches, my dead lift was 45# PLEASE NOTE, I had weights with my weight!!!!! The wall balls were with a 4# ball and I had one no rep, pull-ups were ring rows, KB was ten pounds, pass-throughs were with a 24″ box, HSPU was on a 20″ box and scared the crap out of me, the burpees were as horrible as ever, and the tire flip was with a 45# weight.

I did one round but did the round as stated above and did it in 17 minutes and 25 seconds. My heart rate monitor went off repeatedly. I spent more time trying to get my heart rate back down than anything else.

I have no idea who you are, but Happy Birthday, Chuck.

No gold star today, just this picture.

There are weights on my weight! I have weights on my weight!