I looked at the WOD last evening and saw this:

Five rounds of 25 squats meant 125 squats total

Five rounds of 20 KB push presses meant 100 total

Five rounds of 15 pull-ups meant 75 total.

I was completely overwhelmed. Even by scaling and doing only 2/3 of the work it was overwhelming to me. I knew I wasn’t squat jumping with any weight at all. I believe I might be able to do 80 squats but not with weights. I always look at the weights as suggestions and have to scale back on them, so the KB would have been with ten pound barbells instead. I have never been able to do ten ring rows without resting because my heart rate is too high. Even scaled this was going to be pretty extreme for Little Old Lady me.

I didn’t sleep well last night, probably worrying about how badly I was going to be doing this morning. But when the alarm went off, I got up and I went to the box. That’s how I determine that I’ve won. I show up.

Somewhere between 8 PM last night and 6 AM this morning somebody noticed it was Sherry’s birthday. She is apparently 42 today and I have no idea who she is, but … happy birthday and I wish you were younger.

Today’s warm-up

Row 400 meters, 2 pull-ups, 40 single jump ropes, 2 pull-ups, 40 mountain climbers, 2 pull-ups, 40 jumping jacks, 2 pull-ups. Then this WOD

It’s nice and cool and rained during the night so running outside was going to give me the added pleasure of having wet shoes to try and do burpees with. And by the time I walked with the plate to end of the parking lot and came back, my minute would be up. I might get one burpee in but it would take me at least 42 minutes this way.

First I scaled to 2/3 of the reps which meant 28 burpees. Then I carried a ten pound plate. And I only walked the length of the box, dropped the plate, did as many burpees as I could until my heart monitor yelled at me and then got my heart rate back down to 149 and picked up the plate and went to the other end of the box and did it again. I got up to 4 burpees at one time and usually got 2-3. It took me 17 minutes and 32 seconds. I was dripping, I was tired, I have a boo-boo on my left knee from being less than perfectly graceful on one of the jump outs. But I managed to get through it.

Someone else is turning 50 soon. I hope it is on a Tuesday or Thursday.

Praise of the day. I had my jump rope and I knocked out those 40 jumps in no time. Karen was surprised and mentioned it. I told her I had been practicing and was in a friendly competition with my sister. But I was quite happy with myself for just jumping and getting done like a real person.